Jackets put MacKenzie on IR, add RW Tropp
The Columbus Blue Jackets have placed forward Derek MacKenzie on injured Reserve retroactive to Nov. 22 due to a strained back.
MacKenzie is eligible to return Saturday. He has two goals and an assist in 22 games this season, giving him 24 goals and 32 assists in 258 career NHL games with the Atlanta Thrashers and Blue Jackets.
The 24-year-old Tropp has three goals and six assists in 43 career NHL games, including one assist in nine games this season, with the Sabres.
A third-round pick by Buffalo in the 2007 draft, he missed most of the 2012-13 campaign due to a knee injury.
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents 27 min ago
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living 26 min ago
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt 33 min ago
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery 29 min ago
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 21 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 19 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
23 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire...
28 min ago
- Rescuers airlift horse out of Angeles...
17 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos