Preds' Weber day to day after puck to face
Predators captain Shea Weber is day to day after getting hit in the face by a puck late in the second period of a 3-0 loss to the Edmonton Oilers on Thursday night.
Weber dropped to the ice at 15:24 of the second after being hit by a puck near his right eye. The defenseman got up and went immediately to the locker room. He did not return with what team officials called an upper-body injury.
He went into the game tied with Erik Karlsson of Ottawa, Torey Krug of Boston and Michael Stone of Phoenix for the most goals among NHL defensemen with seven. Weber is the only defenseman leading his team in goals.
"Obviously, if we lose our captain, it's always hard, and we hope he's OK and hopefully he gets back soon," Nashville defenseman Roman Josi said.
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 21 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos