Coyotes recall Klesla 3 days after demotion
The Phoenix Coyotes have recalled defenseman Rostislav Klesla from Portland of the AHL, three days after placing him on waivers.
Forward Chris Brown was assigned to Portland in a corresponding move.
Once one of Phoenix's top blue liners, Klesla was waived Tuesday after struggling to start the season. No team claimed the 31-year-old and he was assigned to Portland, but did not play for the Pirates.
Klesla missed the first three games of the season because of a preseason concussion. He had a goal and two assists in 15 games.
He appeared in 65 games in 2011-12, when the Coyotes reached the Western Conference finals for the first time. He played 38 games during the lockout-shortened 2012-13 season, scoring two goals with six assists.
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station... 22 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire 35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos