Stars shelve Robidas for leg, recall Oleksiak
The Dallas Stars have placed defenseman Stephane Robidas on injured reserve with a broken right leg and recalled Jamie Oleksiak from their AHL affiliate.
The team said Saturday that the 36-year-old Robidas is expected to miss four to six months, jeopardizing his return this season. He was injured when he slid hard into the boards in the second period of a 2-1 shootout loss to Chicago on Friday.
Robidas ranks fourth among Dallas defensemen in games (704), assists (165) and points (211). The Stars signed him as a free agent in 2005. He has five points in 24 games this season.
Oleksiak leads all Texas Stars defensemen with three goals in 22 games. The 20-year-old made his debut for Dallas last season.
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos