Oilers' Bryzgalov exits game after collision
Edmonton Oilers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov left Sunday's game after colliding with Dallas Stars forward Ryan Garbutt during a breakaway attempt.
Bryzgalov made the save with 3:41 left in the second period Sunday but then was replaced by Devan Dubnyk. The Oilers announced on Twitter that Bryzgalov had sustained an upper-body injury and wouldn't return to the game. The Oilers eventually topped Dallas 3-2.
Bryzgalov stopped a forehand shot by Garbutt, but as the puck slid away to the left, Bryzgalov fell face forward onto the ice next to the net and appeared to hold his head.
After a visit from a trainer, he was helped off the ice.
Playing in just his fourth game this season, Bryzgalov made 28 saves and trailed 1-0 when he left the game.
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 14 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 32 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos