Canucks' Burrows breaks jaw, out a month
Alexander Burrows underwent surgery to repair a fractured jaw after the team arrived in Nashville in advance of their Tuesday night tilt against the Nashville Predators. He will miss about a month.
On Monday, Burrows underwent surgery to repair a fractured jaw after the team arrived in advance of its Tuesday night game against the Nashville Predators. He will miss about a month.
"It's been a tough for year for him. He's a big part of our [team], a little bit of our soul of our team," Canucks coach John Tortorella said Tuesday morning. "He works hard, he's such a great teammate; everybody likes to have him around. It hurts. It's a big blow to us but we have to move by it and get ready to play our next game."
Tortorella was asked if he was surprised Burrows continued to play in spite of what must have been a painful injury.
"Not him. Not him. That's what he's about. That's what everybody loves about him, and played good too," Tortorella said. "I was watching the tape [and] I could see he was moving, just moving his jaw around. You could tell it was bothering him. But he played and played really well. It doesn't surprise me. In the short time I've been with him, that's what he's about.
"That's what we'll miss a lot of in the room is that type of guy. We need to find a way to get it done."
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington 36 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash 4 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 4 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls 4 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry...
4 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos