Pens place Letang on IR; Malkin day to day
The Pittsburgh Penguins placed defenseman Kris Letang on injured reserve Monday with an upper-body injury. Coach Dan Bylsma said Letang could return after Christmas.
Pittsburgh forward Evgeni Malkin is day to day with a left leg injury. The NHL's third-leading scorer left Saturday's game after sliding hard into the end boards while trying to thwart a Detroit rush. Malkin did not play Monday night as the Penguins hosted Toronto and won 3-1.
The Penguins recalled defenseman Philip Samuelsson from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton of the American Hockey League on Monday. Samuelsson is the son of longtime NHL defenseman Ulf Samuelsson. Pittsburgh also recalled forward Harry Zolnierczyk from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos