Kubina retires after 13 seasons, won '04 Cup
Pavel Kubina, the Czech defenseman who helped the Tampa Bay Lightning win the 2004 Stanley Cup, retired from the NHL on Friday.
The 35-year-old Kubina had 110 goals and 276 assists in 13 seasons with Tampa Bay, Toronto, Atlanta and Philadelphia. He last played in the NHL in 2011-12 with Tampa Bay and Philadelphia.
Kubina represented the Czech Republic in the Olympics in 2002, '06 and '10.
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos