Coyotes' Doan finally able to identify illness
Phoenix Coyotes captain Shane Doan has what the team believes is a form of Rocky Mountain Fever and is responding to medication.
Doan has missed the past six games after becoming ill with what had been an unknown illness. Coyotes general manager Don Maloney said on Friday that it looked like some form of Rocky Mountain Fever, a bacterial disease that affects the lining of blood cells.
Doan rejoined the Coyotes in time to watch their game against Carolina on Saturday and skated lightly Thursday.
There is no timetable for his return, but he isn't likely to play until after the Coyotes' current four-game road trip that ends in Buffalo on Monday.
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex
- Western Pa. school reopens after stabbings
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 47 min ago
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos