Coyotes' Doan finally able to identify illness
Phoenix Coyotes captain Shane Doan has what the team believes is a form of Rocky Mountain Fever and is responding to medication.
Doan has missed the past six games after becoming ill with what had been an unknown illness. Coyotes general manager Don Maloney said on Friday that it looked like some form of Rocky Mountain Fever, a bacterial disease that affects the lining of blood cells.
Doan rejoined the Coyotes in time to watch their game against Carolina on Saturday and skated lightly Thursday.
There is no timetable for his return, but he isn't likely to play until after the Coyotes' current four-game road trip that ends in Buffalo on Monday.
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- Neighbors help residents escape Trenton fire 6 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons 21 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos