Predators rookie Jones hit in face with puck
Nashville Predators defenseman Seth Jones was hit in the face by a puck in the first period Saturday night against the Montreal Canadiens, and the team said he would not return to the game.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Nashville Predators defenseman Seth Jones was hit in the face by a puck in the first period Saturday night against the Montreal Canadiens, and the team said he would not return to the game.
With 8 seconds remaining in the period, Jones was standing to the left of the Nashville net. A slap shot from the left point by Montreal defenseman Andrei Markov deflected off of traffic in front and struck Jones on the left side of his face.
Jones, who wears a protective visor, dropped to the ice immediately and was tended to by medical personnel before skating off the ice under his own power.
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 1 min ago
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 13 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Officials: Valentine's Day pileup on Pa. Turnpike exposed gaps 28 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course 18 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos