Red Wings' guess: Ericsson out up to 5 weeks
The upper-body injury that Detroit Red Wings defenseman Jonathan Ericsson suffered in Monday night's loss to the Islanders turned out to be a couple of fractured ribs.
Red Wings coach Mike Babcock told the Detroit Free Press on Tuesday that if he had to guess, Ericsson will be sidelined three to five weeks.
Ericsson went to the dressing room during the second period of Detroit's eventual 3-0 loss after delivering a hit to the Islanders' Matt Martin. He did not return and was taken to an area hospital for evaluation.
Ericsson was signed to a $25.5 million, six-year contract in November.
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding 48 min ago
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos