Blue Jackets ink Bjorkstrand to entry-level pact
The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed right wing Oliver Bjorkstrand of the Western Hockey League's Portland Winterhawks to a three-year, entry-level contract.
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed right wing Oliver Bjorkstrand of the Western Hockey League's Portland Winterhawks to a three-year, entry-level contract.
Bjorkstrand was the club's fifth pick, 89th overall, in the 2013 NHL draft.
The 6-foot, 169-pounder has 25 goals and 31 assists and a plus-21 plus/minus rating in 32 games this season, helping Portland amass the WHL's second-best record at 23-8-2-2. He's currently tied for third in the league in short-handed goals (three), fourth in goals and points, tied for seventh in game-winning goals (fourth) and eighth in assists and plus/minus.
Bjorkstrand has 56 goals and 63 assists and a plus-59 plus/minus rating in 97 career WHL games.
The Herning, Denmark, native also represented his country at the 2012 World Junior Championships.
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd 16 min ago
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos