Blue Jackets ink Bjorkstrand to entry-level pact
The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed right wing Oliver Bjorkstrand of the Western Hockey League's Portland Winterhawks to a three-year, entry-level contract.
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed right wing Oliver Bjorkstrand of the Western Hockey League's Portland Winterhawks to a three-year, entry-level contract.
Bjorkstrand was the club's fifth pick, 89th overall, in the 2013 NHL draft.
The 6-foot, 169-pounder has 25 goals and 31 assists and a plus-21 plus/minus rating in 32 games this season, helping Portland amass the WHL's second-best record at 23-8-2-2. He's currently tied for third in the league in short-handed goals (three), fourth in goals and points, tied for seventh in game-winning goals (fourth) and eighth in assists and plus/minus.
Bjorkstrand has 56 goals and 63 assists and a plus-59 plus/minus rating in 97 career WHL games.
The Herning, Denmark, native also represented his country at the 2012 World Junior Championships.
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos