Canes' Tlusty (appendectomy) out 2-3 weeks
Carolina Hurricanes forward Jiri Tlusty will miss two to three weeks after having his appendix removed.
The Hurricanes filled his spot by recalling forward Zach Boychuk from Charlotte of the AHL.
The moves were announced Friday, about nine hours before Carolina's game against the Eastern Conference-leading Pittsburgh Penguins.
This is the second time this season that Boychuk has been called up. He has eight goals and 13 assists in 86 career games with the Hurricanes, Penguins and Nashville.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos