Red Wings D Ericsson out with broken ribs
Detroit Red Wings defenseman Jonathan Ericsson could miss three to five weeks with broken ribs.
Ericsson left Monday night's loss to the New York Islanders, Detroit's most recent game, in the second period. He is expected to be evaluated again in two weeks to determine when he might come back.
Ericsson has a goal and seven assists in 29 games this season. The injury puts the 29-year-old Swede's availability in doubt for the Sochi Olympics.
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 30 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 35 min ago
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
30 min ago
- Kevin Grow suits up with Harlem Globetrotters
41 min ago
- Milder Monday
33 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos