Wild put ailing Parise on IR with bruised foot
The Minnesota Wild have placed left wing Zach Parise on injured reserve because of a bruised foot.
The move was made Saturday. The Wild recalled goalie Johan Gustafsson from Iowa of the AHL to take Parise's spot on the active roster, but Parise can be taken off injured reserve at any time.
Parise has 15 goals and 12 assists in 37 games. He was hurt Nov. 25 at St. Louis and held out of the next game before returning to the ice four days later. But the 29-year-old star has not been the same since. He has only four goals and one assist in 12 games since the injury.
Parise has missed the last two games. Matt Cooke has taken his spot on the first line.
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ