Isles' Tavares sees game streak end at 246
New York Islanders captain John Tavares is out against the New Jersey Devils because of an undisclosed lower-body injury that ended his consecutive games streak at 246.
The Islanders say Saturday that Tavares' status is day-to-day.
"I'm concerned, obviously," Islanders coach Jack Capuano said. "You know what Johnny is to our hockey club. He's not only a leader, but his play speaks for itself. He's not ready to go and we're not going to put him in a situation where he could further hurt himself."
The 23-year-old Tavares is tied for the club lead with 13 goals and is first with 39 points in 38 games. His consecutive games streak is the fifth-longest in team history.
Tavares has missed only four games in his five-year Islanders career.
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote 12 min ago
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos