Isles' Visnovsky out for Slovakia in Olympics
Slovakia's Olympic campaign took another blow when New York Islanders defenseman Lubomir Visnovsky pulled out of the Sochi tournament.
The 37-year-old veteran has recovered from an Oct. 19 concussion but Slovakia general manager Otto Sykora says Visnovky still didn't feel fit enough to play at the Olympics, calling it "a huge loss for us."
It is not clear who might replace him.
Slovakia starts the Olympic tournament on Thursday against the United States before facing Slovenia and Russia in Group A.
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft 53 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 10 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
57 min ago
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
29 min ago
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart...
53 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos