Rangers say Zuccarello will miss 3-4 weeks
Mats Zuccarello will not be back with the New York Rangers when the NHL starts up again following the Sochi Olympics because of injury.
Zuccarello is expected to miss time with a non-displaced fracture in his left hand, an injury that held him out of Norway's 4-0 loss to Russia in the qualifying-round game. According to the Rangers, the timeline for the injury is approximately three to four weeks.
With 43 points in a career-high season for the diminutive Norwegian winger, Zuccarello leads the Rangers in scoring. The Rangers are currently second in the Metropolitan Division, 16 points behind the Penguins.
Zuccarello is not the only New York-area player to sustain a significant injury during tournament play. Islanders superstar center John Tavares suffered a torn MCL and torn meniscus in Canada's quarterfinal win against Latvia on Wednesday -- a devastating injury that will sideline him for the remainder of the 2013-14 season.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Woman's body found between parked cars in W. Phila. 29 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged 39 min ago
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Couple accused of letting 2-year-old smoke pot
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos