Source: Flyers' Giroux facing hearing for hit
Flyers forward Claude Giroux will have a hearing Monday regarding his hit Sunday night on New Jersey's Dainius Zubrus in the Devils' 4-2 win, a source confirmed.
Giroux faces a potential suspension for the head shot he delivered to Zubrus, one that earned him a minor penalty for an illegal check to the head late in the second period.
Zubrus returned for the third period and scored an empty-net goal for the Devils, who took a 3-1 series lead.
"For me it looks textbook, like the hits they're trying to get out of the game," Devils coach Peter DeBoer said following the game. "But I understand (NHL commissioner) Gary Bettman and (deputy commissioner) Bill Daly were here, and I'm sure they'll look at that."
Should league disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan suspend Giroux, the Flyers will be without their best player while facing elimination in Game 5 in Philadelphia on Tuesday.
The 24-year-old has eight goals and nine assists in 10 games this postseason.
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
39 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos