Source: Flyers' Giroux facing hearing for hit
Flyers forward Claude Giroux will have a hearing Monday regarding his hit Sunday night on New Jersey's Dainius Zubrus in the Devils' 4-2 win, a source confirmed.
Giroux faces a potential suspension for the head shot he delivered to Zubrus, one that earned him a minor penalty for an illegal check to the head late in the second period.
Zubrus returned for the third period and scored an empty-net goal for the Devils, who took a 3-1 series lead.
"For me it looks textbook, like the hits they're trying to get out of the game," Devils coach Peter DeBoer said following the game. "But I understand (NHL commissioner) Gary Bettman and (deputy commissioner) Bill Daly were here, and I'm sure they'll look at that."
Should league disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan suspend Giroux, the Flyers will be without their best player while facing elimination in Game 5 in Philadelphia on Tuesday.
The 24-year-old has eight goals and nine assists in 10 games this postseason.
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 55 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester 15 min ago
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino 57 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and chilly
53 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos