Source: Rangers bag veteran F Pyatt for $2.1M
The Rangers agreed to terms with Taylor Pyatt on a two-year deal worth $3.1 million, a source confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com.While the rest of the hockey world continued to wait for unrestricted (and undecided) free agents Zach Parise and Ryan Suter, the New York Rangers added size up front.
The Blueshirts agreed to terms with Taylor Pyatt on a two-year deal worth $3.1 million, a source confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com.
Pyatt, 30, spent the last three seasons with the Phoenix Coyotes. The 6-4, 230-pound Thunder Bay, Ont. native finished with nine goals and 10 assists in 73 games for the Coyotes in 2011-12.
Physicality seems to be a priority for the Rangers. On Sunday, the first day of the NHL's 2012 free-agency period, the team signed both physical forwards Arron Asham and Micheal Haley and rugged defenseman Stu Bickel.
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department 59 min ago
- 2 sought in Rehoboth Beach credit card fraud 27 min ago
- Man accused of sexual relationship with teen niece
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
- Stormy to spectacular
31 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos