Devils' Volchenkov suffers broken bone in foot
New Jersey Devils defenseman Anton Volchenkov suffered a broken bone in his foot while playing for Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod in the KHL, his agent confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com.New Jersey Devils defenseman Anton Volchenkov suffered a broken bone in his foot while playing for Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod in the KHL, his agent confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com.
Volchenkov will be staying in Russia while he rehabs and is hopeful to be back in four weeks, his agent added.
The injury was earlier reported by NHL.com.
Volchenkov, a top shot blocker, had two goals and nine assists in 72 games for the Devils last season.
ESPNNewYork.com's Katie Strang contributed to this report.
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos