Devils' Volchenkov suffers broken bone in foot
New Jersey Devils defenseman Anton Volchenkov suffered a broken bone in his foot while playing for Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod in the KHL, his agent confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com.New Jersey Devils defenseman Anton Volchenkov suffered a broken bone in his foot while playing for Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod in the KHL, his agent confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com.
Volchenkov will be staying in Russia while he rehabs and is hopeful to be back in four weeks, his agent added.
The injury was earlier reported by NHL.com.
Volchenkov, a top shot blocker, had two goals and nine assists in 72 games for the Devils last season.
ESPNNewYork.com's Katie Strang contributed to this report.
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos