Devils' Volchenkov suffers broken bone in foot
New Jersey Devils defenseman Anton Volchenkov suffered a broken bone in his foot while playing for Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod in the KHL, his agent confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com.New Jersey Devils defenseman Anton Volchenkov suffered a broken bone in his foot while playing for Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod in the KHL, his agent confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com.
Volchenkov will be staying in Russia while he rehabs and is hopeful to be back in four weeks, his agent added.
The injury was earlier reported by NHL.com.
Volchenkov, a top shot blocker, had two goals and nine assists in 72 games for the Devils last season.
ESPNNewYork.com's Katie Strang contributed to this report.
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos