Blues goalie Halak signs with team in Germany
Goalie Jaroslav Halak of the St. Louis Blues has signed with Lausitzer of the German league, his agent Allan Walsh announced via Twitter on Wednesday.Goalie Jaroslav Halak of the St. Louis Blues has signed with Lausitzer of the German league, his agent, Allan Walsh, announced via Twitter on Wednesday.
Walsh also confirmed the news via email to ESPN.com, adding that he thinks Halak could play as soon as Friday.
Halak was 26-12 last season with a career-best 1.97 goals-against average and six shutouts. He appeared in only two of the Blues' 10 playoff games, however, as an ankle injury kept him off the ice.
St. Louis had the deepest goalie tandem in the NHL this season. Brian Elliott led the NHL with a 1.56 goals-against average, including nine shutouts.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 33 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos