Source: NHLPA OKs $10K stipend for players
NEW YORK -- The NHLPA executive board has authorized to provide a $10,000 stipend to all players, a source confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com.
NEW YORK -- The NHLPA executive board has authorized to provide a $10,000 stipend to all players, a source confirmed.
The players already have missed four paychecks as a result of the league-imposed lockout.
The NHLPA's next decision will be to respond to the NHL on whether to accept commissioner Gary Bettman's invitation to hold a players/owners-only meeting, with no league or NHLPA staff present. The idea was presented as an alternative option after mediation broke down between the two sides Thursday.
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 15 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos