Source: NHLPA OKs $10K stipend for players
NEW YORK -- The NHLPA executive board has authorized to provide a $10,000 stipend to all players, a source confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com.
NEW YORK -- The NHLPA executive board has authorized to provide a $10,000 stipend to all players, a source confirmed.
The players already have missed four paychecks as a result of the league-imposed lockout.
The NHLPA's next decision will be to respond to the NHL on whether to accept commissioner Gary Bettman's invitation to hold a players/owners-only meeting, with no league or NHLPA staff present. The idea was presented as an alternative option after mediation broke down between the two sides Thursday.
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire 28 min ago
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Woman's body found in Berks County
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 57 min ago
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
28 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos