Obama urges both sides for lockout resolution
President Barack Obama is urging the NHL and the players' association to "do right by your fans" and find a solution to the league's lockout.WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama is urging the NHL and the players' association to "do right by your fans" and find a solution to the league's lockout.
Obama says in an interview with WCCO-TV in Minneapolis that as president, he shouldn't have to get involved in a sports lockout. He says owners and players "make a lot of money and you make a lot of money on the backs of the fans, so do right by your fans."
Representatives from both sides met with a federal mediator on Thursday but didn't make any noticeable progress. The two sides appear no closer to a deal to save the season.
Obama says both sides "can figure out how to spread out a bunch of revenue" and should do right by the people who support them.
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos