Russia rolls to third straight hockey juniors win
Russia routed Germany 7-0 Saturday for its third straight victory at the junior ice hockey world championships.UFA, Russia -- Russia routed Germany 7-0 Saturday for its third straight victory at the junior ice hockey world championships.
Yaroslav Kosov scored a hat trick in the third period for the Russians.
Nikita Kucherov gave the hosts the lead just a minute into the game, before Nail Yakupov and Danil Zharkov added goals in the first period. Defenseman Albert Yarullin netted the fourth in the second period.
Russia goalkeeper Andrei Vasilevski had 41 saves. Russia tops Group B with nine points and will face Canada on Monday in a game that will likely decide the group winner.
Earlier Saturday, Viktor Arvidsson scored twice as Sweden beat Latvia 5-1 to secure a spot in the knockout round.
Sweden dominated the match but struggled to find a way past goalkeeper Ivars Punnenovs until Emil Molin gave the Swedes the lead with 50 seconds left in the first period. Teodors Blugers scored for the winless Latvians, but Sebastian Collberg restored the lead and Sweden added three late goals to wrap up the win.
Sweden tops Group A with eight points from three games, while Latvia has no points.
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 53 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear 32 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co. 12 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos