Love match: Ovechkin, Kirilenko get engaged
Game, set and goal for hockey's Alex Ovechkin and tennis' Maria Kirilenko, who are planning to tie the knot.
The Washington Capitals forward and two-time NHL MVP took to Twitter on Monday and announced: "We are engaged !!!!!!! )))))))))"
Ovechkin's agent also offered congratulations to the Russian couple.
Ovechkin is 27 and has been playing in Moscow during the NHL lockout. Kirilenko is 25 and is 14th in the WTA world rankings.
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home 37 min ago
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila. 54 min ago
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos