Rangers' Girardi collects two assists in victory
Rangers defenseman Dan Girardi returned to the lineup Sunday night against Tampa Bay. The defenseman missed the previous two games with what the Rangers described as being "banged up."
The defenseman missed the previous two games with what the Rangers described as being "banged up." He collected two assists in the Rangers' win Sunday in 22:10 of ice time.
"I feel good," he said. "Feel like myself and just really glad I was able to get back out there."
The Rangers went 1-1 without Girardi, falling to the Devils and beating the Islanders, and gladly welcomed him back.
"I think your legs aren't always there when you miss a couple of days of practice, two games, and you just have to prepare yourself as best as you can off the ice for the game," Girardi said. "I felt pretty good. A couple of times I was a little tired, but other than that, I felt like myself out there."
He's averaging 24:55 of ice time and is as durable as they get, as he has missed just four games in his NHL career, including these past two. Girardi told reporters Friday that his undisclosed injury had been feeling better but was still nagging him.
He tried to return for Thursday's win against the Islanders but said he knew right away during the morning skate that he wouldn't be able to go. Girardi skated Friday and Sunday morning in preparation to come back.
The Rangers went above .500 for the first time this season with Sunday's win.
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 31 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 38 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos