Austrian hockey qualifies for Sochi despite loss
Austria qualified for next year's hockey tournament at the Sochi Olympics despite a 3-2 loss to Germany in overtime Sunday.
FRANKFURT, Germany -- Austria qualified for next year's hockey tournament at the Sochi Olympics despite a 3-2 loss to Germany in overtime Sunday.
Germany lost to Italy 2-1 a day earlier and needed to win in regulation to avoid missing out on the Olympics for the first time.
Austria won the four-nation qualifying tournament in Bietigheim-Bissingen ahead of host Germany, Italy and the Netherlands.
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos