Flames recall goalie Taylor, send Irving to AHL
The Calgary Flames recalled goaltender Danny Taylor from the AHL and assigned Leland Irving to their Abbotsford affiliate.
"When we claimed Joey MacDonald off waivers, we did so with the expectation that he would play games for us," Flames general manager Jay Feaster said in a statement. "Now that he has seen some game action, we intend to use him more. By sending Leland to Abbotsford at this time, he does not require waivers. We want Leland to go down and work on sharpening his game."
Feaster added that the Flames also want to evaluate Taylor at the NHL level. In six games with Calgary this season, Irving has a 2-1-1 record to go along with an .883 save percentage and a 3.33 goals-against average.
This is Taylor's second stint with the Flames this season after signing as a free agent on Feb. 6. He leads all AHL goaltenders with a 1.82 GAA and is ranked fifth in the league with a .929 save percentage. In 27 games with the Heat, Taylor has a 13-10-1 record.
- Students evacuated in Camden H.S. gas leak 8 min ago
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg 27 min ago
- Family displaced in Wilmington house fire
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
49 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos