Flyers' Read out 6 weeks with torn rib muscles
Flyers center Matt Read will miss six weeks because of torn rib cage muscles.PHILADELPHIA -- Flyers center Matt Read will miss six weeks because of torn rib cage muscles.
Philadelphia general manager Paul Holmgren made the announcement Thursday night before the Flyers faced Florida. Read was injured on a hit by Chris Kunitz in the first period of Philadelphia's 6-5 win at Pittsburgh on Wednesday night.
Read leads the Flyers with seven goals, and his 13 points are third behind captain Claude Giroux and Brayden Schenn. He is the third Flyers player on the top line to get hurt this season, joining Scott Hartnell and Danny Briere. Hartnell could return within 10 days, and Briere is already back in the lineup.
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 49 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
5 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
49 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos