NHL suspends Sharks' Clowe pending hearing
San Jose Sharks forward Ryane Clowe has been suspended by the NHL pending a disciplinary hearing with the league on Monday.
An NHL source told ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun that Clowe has been offered an in-person hearing at which the league will determine how much time he has to sit after leaving the bench to take on Chicago's Andrew Shaw late in Friday's game against the Blackhawks.
Shaw had just hit San Jose forward Joe Pavelski near the Sharks bench in the final seconds of Chicago's 2-1 win. He received a roughing minor and game misconduct.
Clowe sat out Saturday night's game against the Stars because of the incident and is facing a possible 10-game suspension for leaving the bench illegally.Information from ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun was used in this report.
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated 47 min ago
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos