Coyotes give D Schlemko two-year extension
The Phoenix Coyotes have signed defenseman David Schlemko to a two-year contract extension.
General manager Don Maloney announced the deal Monday, but didn't disclose financial terms.
The 25-year-old Schlemko has been sidelined since Feb. 4 with a shoulder injury. He has two assists in nine games this season and ranks second on the team with 26 blocked shots.
Schlemko originally was signed by the Coyotes as a free agent in 2007.
In 118 career NHL games, all with Phoenix, Schlemko has six goals, 27 assists and 44 penalty minutes.
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 2 min ago
- Hunt for missing Malaysian jet widens 35 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- Pa. Turnpike pileup focus of senate hearing 30 min ago
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos