Oilers put G Khabibulin on IR with groin injury
The Oilers have placed Nikolai Khabibulin on injury reserve after the 40-year-old goaltender injured his groin.EDMONTON, Alberta -- The Oilers have placed Nikolai Khabibulin on injury reserve after the 40-year-old goaltender injured his groin.
Khabibulin was hurt in Edmonton's 3-2 overtime loss to Chicago on Monday. He has a 2.11 goals-against average and a .935 save percentage in five games this season, the last on his four-year deal with the Oilers.
Edmonton recalled Yann Danis from the Oklahoma City Barons of the American Hockey League. Danis has a 3.03 GAA and a .901 save percentage in 31 games this season with the Barons.
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos