Kesler has broken foot, will miss up to 6 weeks
Ryan Kesler lasted only seven games before being forced out of the Vancouver Canucks' lineup again.VANCOUVER, British Columbia -- Ryan Kesler lasted only seven games before being forced out of the Vancouver Canucks' lineup again.
The Canucks said Wednesday that Kesler will be out for up to six weeks because of a broken right foot. The fracture was revealed on a CT scan.
It is unclear when the injury occurred, but coach Alain Vigneault said Kesler might have been playing with it before it was diagnosed. Kesler played more than 19 minutes against Phoenix on Tuesday and earned an assist.
Kesler didn't practice on Wednesday and was seen wearing an air cast. He returned to action two weeks ago after taking longer to recover from offseason shoulder surgery. He had a goal and four assists in seven games before being injured again.
Kesler has 154 goals and 188 assists in 568 NHL career games, all with the Canucks.
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Couple accused of letting 2-year-old smoke pot
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 11 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity 1 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos