Flyers' Zolnierczyk banned 4 games for charge
The NHL has suspended Philadelphia Flyers forward Harry Zolnierczyk four games for charging Ottawa defenseman Mike Lundin.
Lundin suffered a concussion.
The play happened Saturday midway through the first period of the Flyers' 2-1 win. Zolnierczyk launched himself into Lundin as the Ottawa forward was cutting into the Flyers' zone.
Zolnierczyk received a major penalty for charging and a game misconduct on the play. He will be fined just under $13,000.
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 32 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 31 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow 12 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan...
20 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
32 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos