Sabres get land to build $172M hockey complex
The Buffalo Sabres have the deed in hand, giving them the go-ahead to develop a $172 million hockey-themed entertainment complex across from their downtown arena.BUFFALO, N.Y. -- The Buffalo Sabres have the deed in hand, giving them the go-ahead to develop a $172 million hockey-themed entertainment complex across from their downtown arena.
Sabres chief development officer Cliff Benson and Mayor Byron Brown officially signed the paperwork to transfer the former parking lot in exchange for $2.2 million on Friday.
Construction crews have already broken ground, with work scheduled to be done by spring 2015. Once completed, the complex will include two ice rinks, a 200-room hotel overlooking the city's harbor front, a parking ramp and retail space.
Called HARBORcenter, the complex will serve as home to the Buffalo Regals, a local minor hockey association, which the Sabres acquired this week. The Sabres also hope to acquire national and international hockey tournaments.
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford 20 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 40 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 40 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 40 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
36 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
40 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
40 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
26 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos