Blue Jackets put Dorsett (collarbone) on IR
The Columbus Blue Jackets have placed right wing Derek Dorsett on injured reserve after he broke his collarbone in the first period of Thursday night's 2-1 overtime win over Vancouver.COLUMBUS, Ohio -- The Columbus Blue Jackets have placed right wing Derek Dorsett on injured reserve after he broke his collarbone in the first period of Thursday night's 2-1 overtime win over Vancouver.
The club expects Dorsett to miss the rest of the season.
Columbus also added center Nick Drazenovic to the roster on emergency recall from their American Hockey League affiliate in Springfield, Mass
Dorsett has 27 goals and 38 assists in 280 career NHL games, all with Columbus.
The Blue Jackets' ninth pick, 189th overall, at the 2006 draft, he had three goals, six assists and 53 penalty minutes in 24 games this season. Last season, Dorsett led the NHL in penalty minutes with 235 and set career highs in goals (12), points (20), shots (137) and games played (77).
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos