Flames activate Backlund, send down Baertschi
The Calgary Flames activated center Mikael Backlund from injured reserve on Saturday and sent left wing Sven Baertschi to Abbotsford of the American Hockey League to make room on the roster.
CALGARY, Alberta -- The Calgary Flames activated center Mikael Backlund from injured reserve on Saturday and sent left wing Sven Baertschi to Abbotsford of the American Hockey League to make room on the roster.
Backlund was out more than four weeks with a Grade 2 medial collateral ligament sprain suffered Feb. 7 against the Columbus Blue Jackets. The 23-year-old has three goals, an assist and a minus-1 rating in eight games with the Flames.
Baertschi started the season with Abbotsford, playing 21 games with six goals and 12 assists. He joined the Flames for the start of the NHL season, but suffered a hip flexor injury that forced him to miss 11 games. He has an assist and a minus-2 rating in 10 NHL games.
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 46 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 17 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
17 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos