Blue Jackets, Jets swap minor league forwards
The Columbus Blue Jackets have traded forward Tomas Kubalik to the Winnipeg Jets for forward Spencer Machacek.
Machacek will report to Columbus' American Hockey League affiliate in Springfield, Mass., after Sunday's deal.
The 24-year-old Machacek was selected in the third round, 67th overall, of the 2008 draft. The 6-foot-1, 195-pound right winger has two goals and seven assists in 25 career NHL games with the Thrashers/Jets. He had 11 goals and 14 assists in 57 games with St. John's this season.
Columbus' sixth pick, 135th overall, at the 2008 draft, Kubalik has a goal and three assists in 12 games with the Blue Jackets. The 6-3, 215-pound right winger has played in 190 AHL games, with 49 goals and 47 assists.
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens 8 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 7 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans 2 min ago
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 15 min ago
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
12 min ago
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
22 min ago
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos