Leafs trade for Capitals defenseman Marshall
The Toronto Maple Leafs have acquired defenseman Kevin Marshall from the Washington Capitals for forward Nicolas Deschamps.
Marshall played in 52 games with the American Hockey League's Hershey Bears this season. He had a goal and four assists with 77 penalty minutes.
The 24-year-old Marshall was drafted by the Philadelphia Flyers in the second round in 2007. Marshall played in 10 games with the Flyers in 2011-12, totaling eight penalty minutes. Marshall will be assigned to the AHL's Toronto Marlies.
Deschamps had seven goals, nine assists and 26 penalty minutes in 50 games with the Marlies this season. The 23-year-old left wing was drafted by Anaheim in the second round in 2008.
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 41 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 40 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif. 5 min ago
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow 21 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan...
29 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
41 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos