Coyotes send forward Johnson down to AHL
The Phoenix Coyotes have assigned forward Nick Johnson to their AHL affiliate in Portland, Maine.
General manager Don Maloney announced the move before Thursday night's game at St. Louis.
The 27-year-old Johnson had four goals and two assists in 17 games after being recalled from the minors.
He has played in two games for the Portland Pirates this season and five games with the ECHL's Idaho Steelheads.
Johnson was a third-round draft pick of Pittsburgh in 2004 and has 14 career goals and 23 assists in 104 NHL games.
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos