Devils return first-round pick Matteau to juniors
The New Jersey Devils have returned first-round draft pick Stefan Matteau to his junior hockey team.
The Devils announced Sunday that Matteau was being assigned to Blainville-Boisbriand of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, where he will participate in the playoffs. He had 18 goals in 35 games with the Armada before the NHL lockout ended.
The son of former New York Rangers forward Stephane Matteau played in 17 of the Devils' 29 games this season, scoring a goal and adding two assists. He had 10 shifts and played 5 minutes, 11 seconds in Saturday night's 2-1 loss to the Montreal Canadiens. He was on the ice for one of the Canadiens' goals.
Matteau would be eligible to return to the Devils after the junior playoffs.
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos