Malkin skates with Penguins, eyes Friday return
Pittsburgh Penguins center Evgeni Malkin skated with his teammates on Tuesday morning and is hopeful he can return to the lineup later this week.PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Penguins center Evgeni Malkin skated with his teammates on Tuesday morning and is hopeful he can return to the lineup later this week.
The reigning NHL MVP has missed Pittsburgh's last five games with an undisclosed upper body injury. He worked out by himself then joined the rest of the Penguins for a morning skate though he was ruled out for Tuesday night's game against Washington.
Malkin says he feels pretty good. He called skating with the rest of the team the next step in his rehab. He said it's been difficult to watch but is pleased with what he's seen from Pittsburgh, which has won nine straight.
The Penguins will also be without defenseman Kris Letang on Tuesday. Letang is day-to-day with a lower body injury.
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 54 min ago
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 5 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection 16 min ago
- Police ID man killed in shooting that led to standoff 26 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 13 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 12 min ago
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 29 min ago
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos