Canes' Faulk to miss 2-4 weeks with MCL sprain
The Carolina Hurricanes say defenseman Justin Faulk will miss 2-4 weeks with a sprained knee ligament.RALEIGH, N.C. -- The Carolina Hurricanes say defenseman Justin Faulk will miss 2-4 weeks with a sprained knee ligament.
The team disclosed Faulk's diagnosis Wednesday and said the second-year defenseman will not need surgery.
He was hurt midway through the second period of Tuesday night's 4-1 loss to the Florida Panthers. He suffered a second-degree sprain of the medial collateral ligament in his right knee when he collided with Jack Skille behind the net.
Faulk has three goals, seven assists and 11 penalty minutes for the Hurricanes.
Three Carolina defensemen were injured during the first two periods of the loss to Florida, but Faulk was the only one who didn't return.
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike 35 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos