Sabres LW Vanek skips practice with hip injury
Buffalo Sabres leading scorer Thomas Vanek has missed practice because of a hip injury, and it's uncertain if he'll play against the Toronto Maple Leafs on Thursday.BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Buffalo Sabres leading scorer Thomas Vanek has missed practice because of a hip injury, and it's uncertain if he'll play against the Toronto Maple Leafs on Thursday.
Interim coach Ron Rolston listed Vanek as day to day on Wednesday, a day after the player was hurt in a 3-2 overtime win at Montreal. Vanek did not return after being struck by a shot taken by teammate Christian Ehrhoff midway through the second period.
Rolston said Vanek was feeling little bit better, but his playing status will depend on how much pain he can tolerate. Vanek was spotted walking with a noticeable limp in a players' area outside the locker room Wednesday.
He leads Buffalo with 14 goals, 17 assists and 31 points.
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester 21 min ago
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and chilly
59 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos