Pens' Malkin misses 7th game; Letang still out
The Pittsburgh Penguins are again without star forward Evgeni Malkin and top defenseman Kris Letang as they visit the New York Islanders and try to stretch their winning streak to 11 games.
UNIONDALE, N.Y. -- The Pittsburgh Penguins are again without star forward Evgeni Malkin and top defenseman Kris Letang as they visit the New York Islanders and try to stretch their winning streak to 11 games.
Malkin is sidelined Friday night because of an upper-body injury, while Letang is dealing with a lower-body problem.
Malkin, who earlier in the week eyed the matchup with the Islanders as a possible return date, sat out for a seventh straight time. Letang missed his second game and is considered to be day to day.
However, the Penguins haven't missed a beat without them. Pittsburgh is the first NHL team to record at least a 10-game winning streak in three consecutive seasons, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.
- Family of injured Harrah's racer sues casino
- Suspect sought in NE Phila. Wawa robbery 13 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 15 min ago
- Greyhound passengers stranded for hours in Del. 6 min ago
- Snow plow overturns on I-95 in Delaware
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles
- Mick Jagger's girlfriend found dead in NYC
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos