Stars send F Smith, prospect from trade to AHL
The Dallas Stars have sent forward Reilly Smith and newly acquired defenseman Joe Morrow to their AHL affiliate.DALLAS -- The Dallas Stars have sent forward Reilly Smith and newly acquired defenseman Joe Morrow to their AHL affiliate.
The moves Tuesday came two days after the Stars sent longtime captain Brenden Morrow to Pittsburgh for Joe Morrow in a trade that also involved draft picks.
The 21-year-old Smith has six points in 28 games with Dallas this season, including an assist in Monday's 7-4 loss to Minnesota. He has 27 points for the Texas Stars this season.
The 20-year-old Joe Morrow had 15 points in 57 games for Pittsburgh's AHL affiliate, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. He was a first-round pick by Pittsburgh in 2011.
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ