Lightning forward Thompson banned two games
03/30 2:17 PM
Tampa Bay forward Nate Thompson was suspended for two games without pay by the NHL on Saturday for an illegal check to the head against New Jersey's Matt D'Agostini.
No penalty was assessed on the play Friday night in the Lightning's 5-4 shootout victory.
Under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement, and based on his average annual salary, Thompson will forfeit $9,729.72.
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Fairy Godmothers make prom dreams come true
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos