Islanders ink Notre Dame junior Lee for 2 years
Top prospect Anders Lee has agreed to terms on a two-year, entry-level contract with the New York Islanders.
NEW YORK -- Top prospect Anders Lee has agreed to terms on a two-year, entry-level contract with the New York Islanders, the team announced.
Lee, who just completed his junior season at University of Notre Dame, will be with the Islanders for the team's morning skate Monday in Newark. The Islanders, currently in ninth place in the Eastern Conference standings, play the New Jersey Devils Monday night.
Lee led the CCHA in scoring with 20 goals and 38 points for the Fighting Irish before deciding to turn pro. The 2009 sixth-round draft pick is regarded as one of the organization's top assets.
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 58 min ago
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd 25 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery 28 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos