Canes activate goalie Ellis after cut on knee
The Carolina Hurricanes have activated goalie Dan Ellis from injured reserve.
The team announced the move Monday, a few hours before its game at Montreal.
Ellis had been out since suffering a cut near his left knee in the final minute of a loss to New Jersey on March 21.
He was brought in during the offseason to back up Cam Ward, an All-Star who will be out at least two more weeks with a sprained left knee.
Ellis was 4-5 with a goals-against average of 2.65 when he was hurt.
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos